Follow your passion, find your voice and achieve success.
Featured image by Kal Visuals.
The following is based on the lessons I learned from Stephen R. Covey’s the 8th Habit. This book is all about finding your voice, or basically finding your passion, and learning how to follow it towards living an ultimately success life.
Stephen R. Covey is the famous author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. If you haven’t read it yet, check out my brief study of these 7 Habits, here. (Or get a copy of your own here.)
The 8th Habit takes it all to the next level and is all about finding your voice, or basically finding your passion, and learning how to follow it towards living an ultimately success life.
Here is my contemplation of the 8th Habit. Read on to learn all about finding your voice and learning how to follow your passion to have a life that really matters.
Continue reading “Follow your Passion and Find Your Voice”
I’ve decided to make 2018 my year to achieve all that I am capable of achieving.
I’ve decided to share this with you all because I desire to be a force for change in the world. I want to show all the average Joe’s out there that it is possible to change and to achieve success. I also want to track my efforts and hopefully bring you all along for the ride.
It has taken me a long, long road to get to the point where I can say that I am a success. Even now this is an incredibly difficult thing for me to say. But I am able to say it.
You see this is so hard to say, for two reasons:
1. I was programmed by my upbringing not to say such things, and
2. I used to be a massive loser.
It’s true. I used to be a real loser. When I was 20 I had really nothing going for me. I had given up every advantage of my well-off upbringing and elite boy-school education.
To be as brief and painless as possible:
- I had dropped out of Uni and was working full time as a “checkout chick” in a supermarket. I was earning minimum wage and virtually living in my mother’s basement.
- I was horribly overweight – weighing in, at my worst, at 126KG.
- I hated the way I looked. I had no energy and no passion.
- I hated the way I felt. I had no love life at all. I didn’t even like myself.
- I smoked and drank and other things.
- I was depressed.
What turned it all around?
Understanding Why & Opportunity and Guidance
Continue reading “I am a Success: How I went from Big Fat Zero to My Own Personal Hero”